Wild Mushroom Risotto
Recipe type: Main
- 1 white onion
- A splash of olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 0.5L chicken stock
- A splash of dry sherry
- 2 handfuls dry wild mushrooms
- 2 handfuls of fresh chestnut mushrooms
- 4 handfuls arborio rice
- 2 handfuls grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- A little know of butter
- Put the dry mushrooms in a big bowl, cover with boiling water and soak for 20 minutes.
- Fish out the mushrooms and squeeze out the water. Add the mushroom water to the chicken stock, leaving out the last drop with the impurities
- Finely chop the onion and gently sweat in olive oil for a couple of minutes.
- Finely chop the dry mushrooms and add to the onions.Then add sliced fresh mushrooms and finely chopped garlic. Fry for 5 minutes adding oil if necessary.
- Add the rice to the pan and stir it in. Then add a splash of dry sherry.
- When the alcohol has evaporated, add a quarter of the stock and stir well. When the stock has been absorbed, add another quarter and repeat until the rice is fully cooked (around 20 mins). If the mixture is too dry and you’ve run out of stock, add a little water.
- Stir in half the parmesan and the butter. Add pepper and, if necessary, salt. Cover with a lid and leave off the heat for 1 minute.
- Serve sprinkled with the remaining parmesan.