Roast sausages with smoked paprika and caramelised onions
Damn, these Heck sausages are good, and these! We really are spoilt for choice these days when it comes to good quality sausages in supermarkets. I always roast mine for an hour with plenty of smoked paprika and my favourite spice mix (Schwartz Spicy Italian) on a bed of onions. The onions caramelise and can be used on their own as sandwich topping.
Chop 2 onions and put them at the bottom of an oven proof dish. Put the sausages on top, sprinkle generously with sweet smoked papriksa, Schwartz Spicy Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, and a little olive oil. Roast in the oven for around 50 minutes at 200℃ / Gas Mark 6 / 400℉. Turn over 20 and 40 minutes into cooking time.
Great on sandwich with HP brown sauce and caramelised onions on top. Or just onions when you’ve run out of sausages!
- 9 pork sausages
- 2 onions
- 1 tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- A generous shake of Schwartz Spicy Italian seasoning
- A splash of olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 6 / 200℃ / 400℉
- Slice the onions and spread at the bottom of an oven-proof dish
- Lay the sausages on top of the onions. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, sweet smoked paprika and spicy Italian seasoning. Finish off with a dash of olive oil and bake in the oven for around 50 minutes turning over every 20 minutes.
- Serve sliced on a piece of bread with plenty of HP sauce and caramelised onions.